twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Hello... Are You There?!



The year is 2009 or 2010 and I’m NEEDING a full-time permanent job—like pronto! Everyone around me seemed to have (or almost have) their lives together. They’ve all either started their careers, or are enroute to starting their careers (i.e. school), whilst I’m over here with no REAL clue as to what I’m doing, what I want to do, where I’m going, and how I’m going to get there. I mean, come on! I’ve gone through A YEAR straight of searching for work without being able to obtain a SINGLE position… and to make matters worse I dropped out of school.

Having to run into and catch up with anyone from my past was absolutely daunting! Why? Because they would ALWAYS ask that same intentional question.

Them: “So, what’s new? What have you been up to?” (a.k.a. I kind of want to brag, compare, and contrast how SUCCESSFUL my life is in relation to yours…head tilt, smiley face, ding!) 

Me: “NOTHING!... I’m doing absolutely NOTHING!—argh!” 😠

In all seriousness my response was always something like this:

 Me: “Honestly, whatever is new with me is something I’ve already become accustomed to, so I wouldn’t know where to start! Ha—ha—ha...”

To divert—and I’m REALLY great at diverting—I quickly squeeze in “sooo, what’s going on with you?! we haven’t seen each other in like, forevarrrr!”. 😅 Of course they’re always eager and excited to begin talking about themselves, so diversion was a complete success!

Eventually, after hearing so many success stories, you begin to wonder about your own. I reckoned that if I could simply find a full-time permanent position in a bank or business office I’d be set. I would simply grow within the organization and that is that! The problem, though, was getting my foot through the door. Sure I had a solid amount of clerical and customer service experience…I even landed some interviews… but nothing.

I then decided to turn to God.

Whenever I saw a position I thought would be absolutely PERFECT, I prayed earnestly and fervently for it. I believed that God had THIS position—whatever position it was—specifically for me.

Days, weeks, and eventually months would pass by, and still there were NO answered prayers.
I became upset! I began to doubt the power of my prayers and didn’t understand what God was waiting for. Others prayed for whatever they desired and received it, so what was wrong with me?! Did I just suck? Was I being punished? God answered my small prayers, why wasn’t He answering the prayers that were most important to me? Is He even there? Is He listening? Does He even care? Eventually, out of desperation, confusion, and frustration, I just GAVE UP and accepted a part-time position I wasn’t very happy with.

Sometimes we have sincere requests that we bring forward to God, and then when we receive a moment of silence, we assume that this silence means no, or that God is ignoring us, or that perhaps we’re praying incorrectly.  But, God says “it shall come to pass, that BEFORE they call, I will ANSWER, and while they are yet speaking, I will HEAR, Isaiah 56:24. His word also says, evening, and morning, and noon, will I pray, and cry out aloud and He shall HEAR my voice, psalm 55:17. There are numerous amounts of scriptures that supports the promise that God does INDEED hear us and He WILL answer. God says that He magnifies His word above His name, psalm 138:2. This is POWERFUL because if God says He will do something, it.is.done!

Now, if we KNOW that He HEARS us in whatever we ask, we KNOW that we have the requests which we have asked of Him. 1John 5:15.

So let’s continue the story shall we?

Anyway, I took what I considered to be a LAME part-time position at a retail store…I didn’t even want it…but weirdly enough I landed the job on the spot, so I figured this is what God wanted. Fast-forwarding through the story, I discovered the reason God placed me there was for the purpose of planting seeds and reaching a soul that He had really been impressing upon. After she decided to quit, I had a STRONG inclination that my job there was finished, and it was time for me to move on. I needed to do something more constructive with my life, I needed to make more money, and was persuaded to try school again. So, at the last minute I sent in an application for school into a competitive program, and said to God,

“If this is YOUR will, you will get me in.”

Without having another job to go to, I picked up and quit. (WARNING*  I could be very impulsive, this does NOT work for everyone, please weigh your own situation).

I strongly trusted and had faith that God would come through for me and that it was time. A month later, I landed a full-time permanent position with huge potential for growth, making more money. Yay right?... Here’s where things get a little interesting. A month after I obtained the new job, I was accepted into the competitive program I applied for earlier. I was shocked! (This is another testimony for another time). In order to secure my spot within the program, I needed to pay a significant amount of money, which, without THIS position, I would NOT have been able to pay for. 


💨Fast-forward, it’s my last year within the program and in order to do well in my field I require higher education (i.e. Bachelor Degree). It is SUPERRR competitive to get into this particular program within the city with TWO schools being MY only options. As was my custom, I sought God saying,

“Lord, YOU brought me here, and you see I need and want to go forward. If it Is YOUR will, you will get me in”.

Sure enough, He got me in! I was 1 of 90 applicants who were accepted into the program out of the THOUSANDS who applied each year.

Now, I have the ability and flexibility to work almost anywhere (i.e. hospitals, schools, government, courtrooms, clinics, etc.) in ANY city or country I choose!

The moral of the story is this, though I may have felt like I was being ignored, God HEARD my prayers. In this scenario, His answer to my prayer was no, but He had something WAY better for me than I could’ve ever had for myself. What I needed to do, was develop patience, trust, faith, and perseverance. I needed to be still and WAIT. He had work for me to do, and a path for me to take before He could bless me.

I believe God answers in 3 ways:

1.     Yes (immediately granted)
2.      No (I have something better)
3.      Wait (yes, but I need you to be patient a while longer)

It is very imperative that we understand, however, that God is not a genie. Sometimes we ask for things and the answer is indeed a no, simply because God sees the dangers in our requests. God said, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?” Matthew 7:11. Like our parents, our Heavenly Father’s first priority is to save and protect us. We can, however, rest assured that should the answer be no, God ALWAYS provides a better alternative, NEVER does He leave an answer at just no.

Every so often the answer is yes, but you have to WAIT! Sometimes God has a work to do within us, or paths that we must first take before we’re ready to receive the blessing (i.e. our requests). Remember the story of Hannah in 1Samuel 1?

Year after year Hannah sought God weeping sorely. Eventually, at the appointed time, God gave her the desire of her heart and blessed her with a son whom she named Samuel.

What about the story of Lazarus in John 11? Mary and Martha sent word to Jesus asking that He come to heal Lazarus. But what happened? Lazarus was dead 4 daysss before Jesus came through for them and resurrected him from the dead. The point is this, God heard, and no matter how long it took, He still came through!

Did we forget Abraham and Sarah? God promised to give them a child, even in their old age. Though they waited many years before conceiving a child, God surely honored His word and blessed them with Isaac as promised. But what happened before Sarah finally conceived a child of her own? Out of disbelief and impatience, she decided to take things into her OWN hands and insisted that Abraham sleep with her handmaid Hagar, who bared them a son name Ishmael. The consequence of that disobedience has led to the continued wars between Israel and the Islamic nations today.

This is why it’s so important that like Hannah, when going before God with our requests and waiting on His response, we acquire patience, perseverance, faith, trust and persistence (all fruits of the spirit).

God may not answer our prayers in the way we expect it, nor at the time we want it, but we can rest assured that God is NOT slack concerning His promises, 2Peter 3:9. He Will answer our prayers, and if we surrender our will to His will, whatever form He chooses to answer our prayers in, will prove to be perfect timing, and the answered blessing will be an absolute gem!

Let’s pray J

Dear God,
Please increase our faith. Help us to trust and know that you hear and will answer our prayers. Help us to be patient, persevering, and persistent knowing that because you are not slack concerning your promises, you will indeed come through for us as promised. Help us to accept and truly be satisfied with the answers you have for us. Let YOUR will be done. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

Thanks for viewing, hope you were blessed!

Have any questions or comments? I’d love to hear from you, please leave them below, and don’t forget to share, SUBSCRIBE, and follow me by email (submit box is down below to the left).

Prefer to ask a question in confidentiality? No problem, email bestill.777@hotmail.com.

Until next time, Happy Growing! And in all things be still…

Kay💗



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template